Home made tomato juice is always the best because of its freshness and nutrition.
Who wouldn’t enjoy a glass of fresh tomato juice? Yes, it’s my favorite, surely you too? Due to its refreshing properties, it helps to energize the body. This juice has a fantastic, rich, and delicious flavor that everyone loves.
By the way, do you know how to make tomato juice at home? In case you are not, then you came to the right place. Because today I’m going to share all the tips to make a delicious tomato juice.
Surely, you have a blender at your home? In this case, you have an excellent opportunity to make your favorite drinks.
Because using a blender, you can make your juice in no time. But how? Don’t worry!! Jump to this guide to know how to can tomato juice using a blender. So let’s get started.
Therefore, we should first learn about the health benefits of fresh tomato juice before making it.
The Health Benefits Of Tomato Juice
The tomato is a familiar plant, but have you ever thought about its health benefits?
It is a great source of vitamins A and C, which improve your eyesight. Furthermore, they contain potassium, folate, magnesium, niacin, thiamin, and phosphorus, essential micronutrients for a healthy body and skin.
Due to its high lycopene content, tomato juice is particularly important in reducing stomach and lung cancer. With the simple steps we’ll show you, you can make a superb cup of tomato juice with a blender.
Drinking tomato juice every day can provide you with a number of health benefits.
Strong Bones: Tomatoes are an excellent source of calcium and vitamin K, which will support strong bones.
Aids Indigestion: You will be less likely to suffer from constipation if you eat tomatoes, as they boost your digestive system.
Good For The Heart: In terms of heart health, lycopene is very beneficial. Strengthening the walls of our blood vessels and removing cholesterol from our blood, it helps improve our health.
Removes Toxins From The Body: The consumption of tomato juice every day helps remove toxins from our systems. It helps to purify the liver and kidneys.
Healthy Eyesight: Having good eyesight is possible with tomatoes because they contain components that help us maintain it. There is beta-carotene, lutein, and vitamin C in these foods.
Why You Should Make Home Made Tomato Juice?
It is tasty and healthy to make tomato juice at home. No doubt, homemade tomato juice is better than the one we get from our local supermarket.
It is always best to make tomato juice at home because it gives the freshest and best nutrition. If you want a decent drink without a bad smell, you should choose the highest quality tomatoes and remove the damaged portions. With just a compact blender, you can make your own tomato juice in a few simple steps.
No Unhealthy Additives Or Preservatives
There are so many preservatives added to canned tomato juice in the store in order to keep it fresh. Unfortunately, these preservatives will inevitably have side effects. In this case, a glass of home made tomato juice is healthy and has no side effects.
There Is No Sodium Content
A wide variety of canned tomato juice is also available on the market. Some products contain sodium and flavorings to provide a longer shelf life and a better taste. In excess, these substances can cause many serious diseases and are not suitable for your health.
Create A Flavor That You Like
Depending on your preference, you can include more or less sugar. To create your desired drink, you can also mix it with other fruits and vegetables.
Now it’s time to know how to make tomato juice with blender. So have a deep dive into the below section without any further ado.
How To Can Tomato Juice Using A Blender (Without Cooking)
This recipe is for you if you want to know tomato juice how to make without cooking.
It is possible to make plain tomato juice or spice it up by adding some optional ingredients. Here’s how to can tomato juice using a blender.
There is no need to cook the tomatoes in the recipe below.
You will need:
- Tomatoes (canned or fresh ones)
Optional ingredients to enhance the taste of your tomato juice:
- 1 celery with leaves (cut or sliced)
- 1 carrot cut into pieces
- 1 onion sliced into quarters
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
Steps to take:
- To begin with, you will need to wash the tomatoes well.
- The next process is to cut the tomatoes in half and remove the cores. If there are bad spots on them, make sure to remove them as well.
- Next, add the clean tomatoes to the blender along with the other ingredients.
- Then blend until smooth.
- Once the juice has been filtered, pour it into a bowl and discard the chunky bits.
- Transfer the juice to a glass. Take advantage of your drink and enjoy yourself.
How To Make Tomato Juice In A Blender (Cooking)
Several recipes call for cooking tomatoes. In case you wish to cook the tomatoes before you juice them, here are the steps you should take.
- In a saucepan, heat water until it boils.
- In the boiling water, cook your tomatoes for about one minute or until the skin is starting to crack.
- To stop the tomatoes from cooking, remove them from the heat and wash them with cold water.
- Take the skin off, remove the cores, and make sure they are chopped before putting them in the blender.
- Afterward, blend the boiled tomatoes until smooth.
To make tomato juice without a blender, blend the ingredients without one. Using a hand mixer or juicer, you can blend these tomatoes after they have been boiled. Do you have any ideas for blending without a blender? Then check out this informative guide how to blend without a blender.
How Do You Use Tomato Juice?
Tomato juice isn’t just for drinking. You can also make fantastic cocktails, like Bloody Marys and spicy tomato juice, by adding a dash of hot tabasco sauce.
You can mix the juice with celery, onions, and pepper to make an amazing soup base or use it as a base for a tomato sauce for pasta.
As a base for pizza, you can also use a tomato and herb mixture.
Make tomato juice at home and use it in any recipe you like. It works well with homemade vegetable soup, meats, stews, and of course, tomato soup.
It is also suitable for making spaghetti sauce. You can even drink it as a healthier alternative to store-bought juices. If you add a little heat, you’ll get your own V-8 juice!
Right now, you know how to can tomato juice using a blender. Therefore, I would like to share with you a few tomato juice recipes that you can try at home. Take a look at some of them below.
Some Tomato Juice Recipes
In this section, you will be able to find some of the easiest and most delicious tomato juice recipes that you can make at your home.
How To Make Chili With Tomato Juice
- Ground beef, 2 pounds
- 1 can of tomato juice
- 1 can of kidney beans that have been properly drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, properly drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Black pepper powder
- The first thing you’ll need is a large pot or skillet. Before cooking with a skillet, ensure it is properly washed. Put it on medium heat and allow it to dry. After that, start over. In this case, you should use a large, deep skillet.
- Get the beef to cook. Put the ground beef in the skillet and cook it until it’s brown. Stir it occasionally until the beef gets drained and crumbles. Now that it’s done keep it aside. Salt and pepper can also be added later if desired. The end result should look golden and crumbly.
- Now take another large pot. Heat the flame to medium. Adding all the ingredients one by one to the pot and stirring in the middle will ensure even cooking. Add all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Let it mix properly by adding a cup of water. Approximately an hour and a half will be needed to simmer it.
How To Make Spaghetti Sauce From Tomato Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 ½ fluid ounces white wine
- 2 (46 fluid ounce) cans of tomato juice
- 3 (6 ounces) cans of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a big pot, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onions in a skillet until lightly browned.
- Add allspice, cloves, and cayenne to taste.
- Pour in the wine and reduce the liquid until it has reduced by half.
- To this mixture, add tomato juice, tomato paste, and sugar. Add oregano, salt, and pepper; boil.
- Put it on low heat and simmer for 90 minutes, or until it’s thick.
How To Make Tomato Juice For Diabetics
There is a big question that is tomato juice good for diabetics? Find out what the answer is. For diabetics, there’s a particular juice that may be helpful. There is some evidence that tomato juice may reduce the clumping of blood platelets in people with type 2 diabetes. Therefore let’s know tomato juice how to make for diabetics.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this quick and easy juice for diabetics: tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, curd, mint, rock salt, and the sweetener you prefer. You can either leave out the sweeteners altogether or use diabetes-friendly sweeteners.
It is now just a matter of blending garlic, cucumber, and tomatoes together, mixing curd and other ingredients, and pouring it into a glass. Once you have made the drink, add some mint leaves, and a few ice cubes (optional), and take a sip.
How To Make Tomato Juice For High Blood Pressure
Tomatoes are a heart-healthy addition to any diet. According to USDA data, 100 grams of tomatoes contain 237 mg of potassium. Potassium reduces the ill effects of sodium.
As you might know, people with high blood pressure are often advised to reduce salt/sodium intake because excess sodium upsets the water balance in the body, resulting in blood vessel pressure.
In addition, as a result of tomato’s diuretic properties, excess sodium is excreted through the urine. You can make many things with tomatoes, including hearty broths, stews, curries, and salads.
However, don’t deep fry or add too much salt to whatever you choose to make.
- Tomato (medium-sized, chopped)- 1
- Carrot (chopped)- 1
- Mint leaves – 6-7
- Ginger (finely chopped)-1/2 tsp
- Lemon (juiced)- 1/2
To make tomato juice for high blood pressure, just add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
To manage your blood pressure, try this healthy and wholesome tomato-carrot juice, but first, consult your doctor.
It is possible to store tomato juice for several days. However, it may happen that your tomato juice begins to go bad after a few days.
But how do you know when the juice is going bad? Do you have any idea? In case you aren’t, check out the following section and experiment with these 3 signs.
How Do You Understand Your Tomato Juice is Starting to Go Bad?
If you are not sure what to look for when it comes to determining whether your tomato juice is going bad, then here are 3 signs to look for:
- Sour smell: If you notice that the tomato juice has a rather sour smell to it, it is time to throw it out. As tomato juice ferments over time, it can produce alcohol or vinegar-like smell.
- Discoloration: There is a clear indication that your tomato juice is going bad when it starts to change from its original red hue to a thicker, brownish texture as it starts losing its color.
- Visible mold: Last but certainly not least, you should throw out any tomato juice that you notice to have signs of mold in it, such as a faint white or green fuzz layer, if you find any signs of mold in it.
It is hoped that you now know how to can tomato juice using a blender in a clear and specific manner. In terms of nutrition and vitamins, tomatoes are unquestionably excellent.
But if you are not a fan of eating tomatoes raw, you can turn them into a delicious juice and drink it instead of eating them raw.
In this article, we have covered every detail you need to know about making tomato juice in case you don’t know how to do it. Now that you’ve cleared up the confusion, we hope you can make tomato juice without any trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can Tomato Juice Made With A Blender Keep?
You should use tomato juice within one day after blending it to ensure its freshness and nutritional value. It can be stored at room temperature for four hours and in the refrigerator for 48 hours. Do not leave it overnight, however. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to one week if you wish to keep it for longer.
How Much Tomato Juice Is Enough?
You should only drink one cup of smooth tomato juice per day. An excessive amount of tomato juice may cause acid reflux or digestive problems. Furthermore, you can change the variety of ingredients to provide enough and balance all types of nutrients instead of drinking tomato juice every day.
Can I Freeze Homemade Tomato Juice?
Absolutely! If you want to freeze tomato juice in individual servings, you should use freezer safe containers (or ice cube trays). To prevent the juice from expanding as it freezes, pour the juice in and leave at least one inch of headspace at the top.
If you want to thaw out the juice, simply remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge or under cold running water to thaw.
Does Freezing Kill the Nutrients in Tomato Juice?
No! Freezing tomato juice won’t kill any of its nutrients. The best way to preserve the nutritional value of produce like tomatoes and celery is by freezing them if you can’t consume them before their storage expires.